Training Curriculum Approach
The BEACON University curriculum incorporates a mixture of training delivery methods and material with consideration of circumstances and characteristics, such as:
- Core user travel time to BEACON / absence from work to attend training
- Level of BEACON knowledge required for the employee's position
- Grouping of similar tasks in BEACON
- Level of BEACON security required to perform roles responsibly and accurately
We currently offer training via the following delivery methods:
- Instructor-led training (ILT) - The student attends training in a classroom with an instructor
- Web-based training (WBT) - Activities are available online for the student to complete on their schedule and at their own pace
- Virtual Classroom Training (VCT) - An advanced online learning tool used to emulate a traditional classroom environment. This completely interactive live technology allows for two-way information sharing. Not only will the student be able to view the instructor's computer screen, the instructor will be able to view the student's screen. If a student is having difficulty with an exercise, the instructor will be able to view the student's screen and quickly identify the exact problem. Students can listen to the instructor and ask questions using teleconferencing.
For a current list of BEACON activities with corresponding details, click the link below.
- HR/Payroll Roles and Courses (Updated: 6-17-2014)